Monday, December 05, 2005

Simpsons

The old Simpsons episode with the works softball team was on C4 last night. I found myself taking the sports side seriously, watching to see how they animated the pro baseball players' throwing movements.
Also spotted that they were playing fastpitch:
9 a side. No women playing. When Homer gets hit by a pitch, he gets a walk (and wins the game) - in slowpitch, it's just counted as a ball if a pitch hits the batter.
And enjoyed Mr Burns's managing style:
"Strawberry, hit a home run!"
[Daryl Strawberry hits a home run]
"I told him to do that!"

1 comment:

Kate said...

I tragically found myself getting very excited when the book I am reading (The innocent - Ian McEwan) mentioned a Softball match - quite unexpected in a book about post-war Berlin, but pleasing nonetheless!