Monday, January 15, 2007

First practice of 2007

Once again it was a muddy start to the 2007 training schedule, although at least the rain held off. We had quite a good turnout for practice...Tiggs, Jules, Paul, Alex, Foxy, Fordo, and our newest recruit - Faustina. Can we all please shout out a warm welcome to Faustina?

Sadly the Wolves were outnumbered by the Strays, but I think we went quite a way in building up the Strays/Wolves relationship by mixing up the teams during the game. Luckily we'll have some valuable training assistance from the Strays in future sessions.

Paul also said farewell on Saturday, getting in one last softball practice before taking off to swim with the piranhas and save the turtles in Ecuador and the Galapagos Islands. His gob will be greatly missed until he gets back in two months ;-)

Nothing to do now, except wait for the next training session which takes place on January 27th....

2 comments:

Sihan said...

Hello!!!It's Faustina here!
It was my frist time to play, it was great fun! Never played this game before, but I was happy and surprised that I could hit the ball and run!
Sorry I don't know why each time I had to scream when running! Well, never mind, I am still not very sure of the rules, and had to be shouted at: "run!" hahaha, hehe
Thanks to all of you, I had a great time and I am looking forward to the next one!

Julian said...

Hi Faustina

Lovely to have you in the team

Julian